MAINTAINING YOUR PRIVACY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY.
Protect yourself and the people you do business with by having your important or confidential documents professionally shredded.
THE FACTA DISPOSAL RULE
THE FACTA DISPOSAL RULE MAKES PROPERLY SHREDDING YOUR DOCUMENTS A MUST
Here’s what you should know about the Facta Disposal Rule (2005)
- Designed to reduce the risk of consumer fraud and identity theft created by improper disposal of consumer information
- Applies to everyone – every person and every business in the U.S.
- You “must properly dispose of such info by taking reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to or use of the info in connection with its disposal”
- Penalties for refusal to comply
KNOW THE RULES SO YOU CAN BE PROTECTED
- The Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) applies to all protected health information
- The Standard for Privacy of Identifiable Health Information
- The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (1999), also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act, requires that consumers be given notice before and a chance to opt out of the sharing of their personal info
- Federal Privacy Act of 1974